Teeth Whitening in Charlotte, NC
There is no better way to make a great first impression than with a beautiful, white smile. If your smile is looking a bit dull, and you have an upcoming special occasion for which you’d like whiter teeth—such as a wedding, a reunion, or a job interview—now is a great time for professional teeth whitening at our Charlotte, NC dental clinic.
One of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to improve your smile is to whiten your teeth, and Gentry Dental has got you covered with a number of great whitening options to meet your goals for your smile.
Whether you’re seeking immediate results, or if you'd like to whiten at home at your leisure, we have an option to meet your needs.
At Gentry Dental, we are proud to offer our patients what we feel is the most effective teeth whitening treatment on the market. KöR Whitening is proven to remove tough stains and brighten your smile at least 6 to 10 shades, if not more. KöR has also proven effective in eliminating tetracycline and other antibiotic staining, which most whitening systems can't even touch.
We invite you to read below to find out more about professional teeth whitening in Charlotte, NC.
- Benefits of KöR Whitening
- KöR Teeth Whitening Is Effective
- Take-Home Whitening Trays
- Professional Whitening Versus Over-the-Counter Whitening
- Helping Your White Teeth Stay that Way Longer
- Other Cosmetic Dentistry Options
- Find Out More About Teeth Whitening in Charlotte, NC
Benefits of KöR Whitening
The KöR whitening system combines both in-office and take-home treatments to produce some of the most phenomenal results we’ve seen. This process takes a bit longer because you’ll complete a series of in-office treatments, along with your take-home regimen. KöR is known for being able to remove stubborn tooth discoloration, even tetracycline (a type of antibiotic) staining, that other systems cannot, making this teeth whitening system the best choice for Charlotte, NC patients who may have lived a long time with discoloration or staining.
KöR Teeth Whitening Is Effective
The reason that KöR is so effective is the science behind the system. KöR combines both in-office treatments as well as take-home treatments to achieve optimal results. The whitening gel from KöR is kept at a constant cold temperature, even during shipping to ensure that it is at its peak when it is used on a patient. KöR employs a specially designed application system, which seals the trays during the process for the best possible outcome. You will also have multiple treatments that will build upon each other to deliver what many of our patients call astonishing results.
If you would like to learn more about KöR Whitening in Barclay Downs, NC, contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Heather Gentry. She can help you determine whether this whitening system is best for your needs.
Take-Home Whitening Trays in Charlotte, NC
For patients who’d like to whiten at home, we’ll create custom trays made from impressions we take of your teeth. This provides you with snug-fitting trays that will ensure more of the whitening gel touches your teeth. At our Charlotte, NC dental office, we’ll give you our professional-strength whitening gel and a crash course on safely applying it, and then you’re off to a whiter, brighter smile.
We recommend that initially you whiten for two weeks to achieve your desired results, and after that, you’ll be able to update your smile whenever you like.
Professional Whitening Versus Over-the-Counter Whitening
Some patients choose to whiten with over-the-counter products, and there is an endless number of gels, toothpastes, and whitening strips available. While this may seem more cost-effective, here are some things you should consider:
The whitening gel Dr. Gentry has access to is much stronger than over-the-counter products. It may take longer for you to achieve your desired results with store-bought whitening products.
Dr. Gentry creates custom-fitting whitening trays while drug store systems are one size fits all. They could be ill-fitting, which puts you at risk of developing sensitivity from excess whitening gel getting onto your gums and other soft tissues of your mouth.
Over-the-counter products are often designed to focus on only your front six teeth, which may not produce your desired results.
Over-the-counter teeth whitening products in Charlotte, NC usually provide inconsistent results.
It’s always advisable to whiten your teeth under the supervision of your dentist in case you experience issues with sensitivity.
Helping Your White Teeth Stay that Way Longer
Once you’ve invested in professional teeth whitening at our Charlotte, NC dental office, it’s only natural that you want your teeth to stay as white as possible for as long as possible. There are things you can do to help ensure your teeth stay white and bright. Avoid those lifestyle habits that might have caused your teeth to become stained in the first place.
Limit staining beverages such as coffee, tea, and red wine—and be sure to rinse your mouth with water after indulging. If you are a smoker, there is not better time than the present to quit this unhealthy habit. It not only causes your teeth to become yellow, but it is also bad for your overall health.
- Visit your dentist twice each year for routine checkups and professional teeth cleaning. Each time our hygienist cleans your teeth, surface stains are removed, giving your smile a bright, fresh look.
- Use our take-home whitening trays to give yourself touch-ups whenever you need it.
We usually recommend that our Charlotte, NC dental patients get a professional teeth cleaning prior to undergoing teeth whitening treatment. This helps to ensure that all plaque and calculus has been removed from the teeth, providing a better result.
Other Cosmetic Dentistry Options
If you feel like your teeth need more than just professional whitening to improve the look of your smile, Dr. Gentry also offers a number of cosmetic dentistry treatments at our Charlotte, NC dental office.
- Veneers—These ultra-thin shells fit over the fronts of the teeth that show when you smile, hiding myriad flaws with your smile. From gapped teeth to crooked teeth, veneers can give you a dazzling smile in just a couple of visits to our Charlotte, NC dental office.
- Invisible braces—If you missed out on braces as an adolescent, or if you had braces but are experiencing relapse, invisible braces are a great way to straighten your smile discreetly. The clear plastic trays gently move the teeth into the desired position—and most people won’t even know you are straightening your teeth.
- Dental crowns—If you have a tooth that is damaged or misshapen, a dental crown can cover it up. It will strengthen a tooth that has been weakened by damage or fracture, and it will hide a tooth that is stained or otherwise flawed. Dr. Gentry will create a beautiful dental crown that matches the rest of your smile for a seamless look.
- Dental implants—It’s important to replace missing teeth not only for the sake of your smile’s appearance, but for its health as well. Even one missing tooth can put your oral health at risk. When there are gaps in your smile, your other teeth will start to shift to fill in the space. This can lead to uneven wear and bite problems—and even more tooth loss.
What is keeping you from having the smile of your dreams?
Find out More About Teeth Whitening in Charlotte, NC
Teeth whitening is a quick, affordable way to change the look of your teeth. We would love to help you brighten your smile! Contact our office today to learn more about our whitening options.