Breaking or fracturing your tooth can be a traumatic event that can dim your smile and shake your self-esteem. People commonly break their teeth from biting down on something hard like ice, falling or hitting their face, infection, or tooth decay.
Through modern advancements in dentistry, most broken teeth are simple problems that we can fix with the use of state-of-the-art dental equipment and technology. The first thing you need to do in the event of a broken tooth is to call Dr. Heather Gentry at Gentry Dental. Your restorative dentist in Charlotte can guide you through your options for restoring your tooth, while also helping you manage your pain.
Don't hesitate to give us a call; dental pain never goes away on its own and will only get worse.
There's More Than One Way to Fix a Tooth
Below are restorative treatment options for chipped, cracked, or broken teeth, including:
- Dental crown—Crowns can cover the entire surface of your tooth, allowing them to protect and stabilize it
- Porcelain veneers—Veneers cover the front surface of your tooth and are popular as a cosmetic treatment
- Dental implant—The ultimate in tooth loss restoration, this is used to restore missing teeth. If the tooth is severely broken, a dental extraction may be necessary, followed by an implant
- Dental bonding—Tooth-colored filling is used to fill in cracks, chips, and reshape teeth. This is the least minimally invasive treatment for repairing broken teeth
- Root canal—When a broken tooth allows bacteria to enter and infect the pulp, it may be necessary to undergo a root canal to save the tooth
- Tooth-colored filling—Fillings heal broken teeth and are used to cover cavities
- Dental sealant—Dental sealants protect an infected tooth, they are also a barrier against bacteria that can cause infection
Do You Have a Dental Emergency?
A chipped, fractured, or broken tooth can be considered a dental emergency. It is crucial that patients visit Dr. Heather Gentry at Gentry Dental as soon as they can. Do not hesitate to call your Charlotte restorative and emergency dentist. Together, we can go through all your tooth repair options based on your lifestyle, smile needs, and budget.
We can't wait to help you, give us a call today!